Breaking News

Regine Velasquez reminisced the past where the public criticized her looks back in the days

Asia’s Songbird Regine Velazquez recalled when she got criticized by the public because of her looks during her early singing days.

Velasquez, now 51, said that the criticisms she received never hindered her from achieving her dreams.

In a YouTube interview with Bianca Gonzales, the diva said that she is confident with her singing talent that made her not mind the criticisms.

“Yun yung [laging comment] sa akin, ‘Hindi masyadong kagandahan. Baka hindi siya sumikat. Maputi lang.’ I was told to my face, ‘Baka hindi sumikat kasi hindi ka masyadong maganda. Siguro dapat mag-ayos ka pa.

“I’ve always heard that since I was a little girl. I’ve always thought I was not pretty because I was told I was ugly. But that didn’t make me insecure for some reason. I accepted that fact kasi sila ‘yung tumitingin eh. But in my head, ‘Wait till you hear me sing,’” she said.

Velasquez also revealed that the support of her family, particularly her father helped in boosting her confidence.

“Hindi ako naging insecure kasi my father would always have his way of making me feel confident about myself. As a matter of fact, naging challenge for me. Sinabihan akong hindi sisikat kasi pangit. Talaga ba? Let’s see. Gagalingan ko pa.”

The singer-actress is already celebrating her 35th year in the show business.

She was previously with the GMA Network, but moved to ABS-CBN in 2018. Rumors say that the Kapuso network has already closed its doors to the singer.

The post Regine Velasquez reminisced the past where the public criticized her looks back in the days appeared first on LionhearTV.


No comments