Breaking News

Gabbi Garcia renews contract with GMA Network, wants to do more as a Kapuso

After almost eight years of being a GMA Network talent, Kapuso Millennial It Girl Gabbi Garcia stays with the network and is willing to do more after renewing her contract with GMA Artist Center on Thursday, September 23.

During the virtual media conference after her contract signing, Garcia thanked the Network for serving as an instrument to reach her goals.

“Siguro isa sa mga pinakamagandang nangyari sa’kin sa GMA is isa silang instrument sa pagtupad ng mga pangarap ko from the get-go,” she said.

“God gave me GMA para magsilbing daan to reach my dreams and I am always grateful for that po.”

When she was about to sign her contract anew, Garcia revealed that GMA Network showed her the milestones she had reached so far, making her realize that she still has a long way to go.

“There are a lot of thinking, a lot of realizations, a lot of muni-muni, especially now that I’m almost eight years with GMA.

“Actually, a few weeks ago, they showed me one AVP wherein yun nga, pinapakita yung milestones every year.

“Ayun yung parang moments na mapapa-sit back ka and you know, take a step back and you realize na ‘wow you have done so much but yet you have so much more to achieve.'”

In the said mediacon, she also admitted that she wanted to work with the Kapuso Primetime King Dingdong Dantes in either a teleserye or a movie.

“But siguro if you would ask me who I really want to work with, siguro I really want to work with Kuya Dong. I always see Kuya Dong sa guestings, but I haven’t really worked with him like in a show or in a film,” she admitted.

Right now, after spending almost eight years with GMA Network, Garcia wants to focus on honing her skills as an actress.

“I’m in this stage wherein I really wanna hone my skills. Eto yung parang stage na ‘yes I’m a well-rounded artist but this time I want to focus on each of my skills and I want to hone it.'”

She entered the showbiz industry in 2014 and at the same time, landed her first teleserye role in My Destiny. But what she considers her “defining moment” as an actress was when she portrayed Sang’gre Alena in the iconic Kapuso fantasy drama Encantadia.

“Definitely Encantadia. It really changed my life 180 degrees eh. Talagang it gave me the biggest break, it gave me the biggest opportunity, and it also served as self-fulfillment for me, doing that show,” reminisced Garcia.

Although, her almost a decade journey with GMA Network was not all glitz and glamor. Recalling the time when she had to go independent after having a love team, Garcia admitted it was very challenging on her part. However, she proved that with or without an on-screen partner, she can be an artist.

“Kasi I started with a loveteam po. So, the most challenging was to do projects alone, without a love team.

“And that started in Pamilya Roces. So yung time na ‘yon up to now, that was like a chunk of challenge for me to stand on my own, and to you know, prove that I can do it by myself with the help of the network.”

Garcia is a regular performer in the Kapuso variety show All-Out Sundays.

Meanwhile, she is set to star in GMA Public Affairs’ mystery-primetime series Love You Stranger alongside boyfriend Khalil Ramos.

Aside from her upcoming series, she will also be working on a yet-to-be-revealed international project next year.

The post Gabbi Garcia renews contract with GMA Network, wants to do more as a Kapuso appeared first on LionhearTV.


No comments